- Banjul SaladV | GFBanjul Salad is a Sene-Gambian chef Salad with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, red onions, french fries (optional), hard boiled eggs, sardines (optional) and croutons (optional).
- Fried PlantainsV | GFSweet ripe plantains sliced and fried to perfection. Crisp on the outside and soft inside.
- Shito FlatbreadV | VGBeef, Fish, Shrimp, or Veggie
Baked flatbread with shito sauce and your choice of protein. Shito sauce consists primarily of fish, oil, ginger, dried fish, prawns, tomatoes, garlic, peppers, and spices. The blend of spices and fish varies but the original recipe is from the Ga tribe in Ghana.
- Olehleh Black-Eyed Pea TamalesGFBanana-leaf wrapped tamale filled with black-eyed peas, vegetables, smoked fish, and a touch of palm oil.
- Akara FrittersV | GFBlack-eyed pea fritters served with a side of habanero chili sauce.
- Pies (Turnovers)VBeef, Fish, Shrimp, or Veggie
2 deep-fried turnovers filled with beef, fish, shrimp or vegetables. Served with a side of chili sauce.
Soups & Sides
All soups are served with a roll or fufu.
- Vegetarian Couscous SoupVA tomato-based couscous soup with carrots, green peas, onions and a hint of curry.
- Veggie SoupV | GFA tomato-based soup with eggplant, onions, carrots, potatoes, and spices.
- Kotu Vegetable Potato SaladVThis is a popular African side dish made from boiled potatoes, green peas, carrots, lightly marinated onions, parsley, and Heinz salad dressing.
- Traditional Jollof RiceV | VGRice cooked in tomatoes, tomato paste, chili peppers, onions, salt, and spices.
- Jollof CouscousV | VGCouscous cooked in tomatoes, tomato paste, chili peppers, onions, salt, and spices.
- Jasmine RiceV | VG | GF
- FufuV | VG | GFFufu is a dough-like starch, made out of cassava or plantain flour, formed into a ball and served warm.
- Pankeet (Beignet)V10 beignet, lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
- Fonio (Findi)V | VG | GFFonio is a West African grain that’s been cultivated for thousands of years. The grain is naturally vegan, gluten-free, and packed with vitamins.
- Attieke CouscousV | VG | GFTraditional couscous made from ground cassava root.
- AbloV | VGTogolese steamed rice cake.
From the Grill | Afra
- AfraGFChoice of chicken or lamb.
Afra is a popular street food in Senegal and Gambia. Grilled meat served with potatoes, marinated red onions, a spicy sauce, and a roll.
- Afra a la CarteGFChicken or Lamb
Grilled meat without sides.
- YassaV | GFTofu/Paneer Cheese, Chicken, or Fish
Yassa is a tangy and spicy onion dish with vegetables, lemons, garlic and spices.
- Attiekke with Grilled Fish or ChickenGFAttieke (pronounced atchekay) is a traditional couscous made from ground cassava root and served with grilled fish or chicken, and a tomato onion salad.
Jollof Rice | Benachin
Although popular throughout Africa, its roots are in the Sene-Gambian & Mali region of West Africa by the “Jollof’’ people. While there are plenty of differences in the way benachin is prepared throughout West Africa, each dish shares a common base of rice, tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli peppers, onions, salt, and spices.
- Benachin | Chep Bu JainV | GFTofu/Paneer Cheese, Beef, or Fish
Benachin or Chep Bu Jain is the national dish of Gambia. Benachin is a luxurious version of Jollof Rice. It can be ordered with either vegetables, meat, or fish, and the protein is cooked along with the rice so the flavor is more intense.
Stews | Chu
- ChuGFBeef, Chicken, Fish
Traditional Sene-Gambian tomato-based stew with spiced vegetables. Served with steamed rice or couscous pilaf.
- Peanut Butter ChuV | GFBeef, Chicken, Fish, Tofu, or Paneer Cheese
A Mandingo favorite, originating in The Gambia. Peanut Butter Chu was invented by Mandingo farmers who needed to use up peanuts that the government didn’t purchase for export.
- Aku Okra SoupV | GFBeef, Fish, Tofu, or Paneer Cheese
Known as supakanja in Gambia, okra soup is a traditional Gambian soup made with okra, vegetables, and spices.
- EbbehEbbeh is the Gambian version of Gumbo. A rich stew made with cassava, smoked catfish, crab, shrimp, habanero, tamarind, and lime.
- Oxtail SoupGFSlow-cooked oxtail and beef in a savory, light, spice tomato broth. Served with fufu.
- CurryGF | VChicken, Fish, Tofu, or Paneer Cheese
A curry sauce with an assortment of vegetables. Served with rice or couscous.
- PlasasGF | VBeef or Fish
Plasas is a stew made of potato and cassava greens, pumpkin seeds and palm oil. Served with rice or fufu.
Afro | Fusion
MON – THURS: 9:30 AM – 10:00 PM
FRI: 9:30 AM – 12:00 AM
SAT: 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
SUN: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
CONTACT US: email@example.com
301-589-8222 | 301-589-9222
Mansa Kunda Restaurant
8000 Flower Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 02912
SPECIAL EVENTS / CATERING:
Host your next corporate event, birthday, graduation party or other gathering with us.